Regularly updating and maintaining your site is crucial to ensuring that your site is running at full capacity. Just like cars, websites also require periodical corrective and preventive maintenance services to operate with full efficiency. Maintaining your site properly helps to ensure site security, increases the number of new visitors, boost returning traffic, and more.
Major issues faced by an inadequately maintained website
- Outdated technology— If the components like the CMS, plugins, themes, etc. are not updated regularly, you will miss out on the latest features and functionalities, including security updates. This can leave your site open for all sorts of unpleasant things like hacks and breaking code.
- Site outages— Worst case scenario is that your website gets taken down completely. Any downtime is money lost right there. Plus, there are expenses to fix the problem and also a loss of reputation, which can have long-term repercussions.
- Reduced content and design quality— Website maintenance includes keeping your content up to date, creating new site content, and updating the design every once in a while. If you don’t do that, your site will look old fashioned and worse for the wear over time.
- Compromised security — Without proper maintenance, your site doesn’t just become hackable, if you don’t set up security measures like backups, you won’t be able to recover it in case of a hack or crash.
- Slow performance— Website speed tends to decrease over time. For that reason, it’s important that you oil the gears regularly and keep everything humming along.
- Faltering search engine optimization — Content, security, and speed are all factors that search engines take into account when ranking your site. So, if they are not up to snuff, you will likely take a dive in the search results.
What does our Annual Maintenance Services include ?
Annual Maintenance Service packages are generally customized as per the category and depth of the website we are to deal with. The specifics of an AMC is decided after we are detailed about the website, its present and expected features, risk factors and the client’s expectations.
However, some of the must-have features of website maintenance services, which are are:
- Regularly updating the website components.
- Monitoring and updating the security features.
- Running backups.
- Checking for 404 errors and server redirects.
- Removing spam comments.
- Blocking / Removing suspicious users
- Updating the contents.
- Testing page speeds.
- Checking any opt-in forms.
Apart from these, there may be requirement of specific services for a website (based on its class, category and depth), which are packaged in our AMC and delivered as scheduled in agreement.