What is SEO ?
The term “SEO” stands for “Search Engine Optimization”. It is a core technical process of attracting traffic from free, organic, editorial, or natural search results in search engines. It aims to improve your website’s position on a search engine results page (SERP). Remember, the better rank your website holds, the more people will see it and the chances of your website drawing more business will become higher. The aim is typically to rank on the first page of Google results for search terms that mean the most to your target audience.
What is the Role of SEO ?
The goal of SEO is to raise your website’s ranking in organic search results. There are various tools and different practices for optimization. Considering that Google processes billions of search queries daily, organic search results are a very large slice of a very large pie. And while there is some up-front and ongoing investment required to secure and maintain organic rankings, every click that sends traffic to your website is COMPLETELY FREE.
What all do a high quality SEO include ?
In today’s web-world, SEO is considered an essential and must-have marketing activity.
A good SEO involves many different strategic and technical activities. Here are some basic elements listed below:
- Identifying relevant “keywords” with good search traffic potential
- Creating high-quality, useful “content” and optimizing it for search engines and for users
- Including relevant “links” from high-quality sites
- “Measuring” the results
There are 3 main Pillars of SEO
As a digital marketer, knowing how to get your brand, website, or company found by searchers is a core skill, and understanding how SEO is evolving will keep you at the top of your game. While SEO changes frequently in small ways, its key principles do not. We can break SEO into three core components or pillars that you need to be familiar with – and action regularly:
- Technical Optimization: Technical Optimization is the process of completing activities on your site that are designed to improve SEO but are not related to content. It often happens behind the scenes.
- On-Page Optimization: On-Page Optimization is the process of ensuring the content on your site is relevant and provides a great user experience. It includes targeting the right keywords within your content and can be done through a content management system. Common examples of content management systems include WordPress, Wix, Drupal, Joomla, Magento, Shopify, and Expression Engine.
- Off-Page Optimization: Off-Page Optimization is the process of enhancing your site’s search engine rankings through activities outside of the site. This is largely driven by backlinks, which help to build the site’s reputation.
Why do you need an SEO expert ?
An SEO expert is someone trained to improve your visibility on search engines. In addition to that, you may want to consider hiring an SEO professional that can help you audit your pages.
Deciding to hire an SEO is a big decision that can potentially improve your site and save time. Make sure to research the potential advantages of hiring an SEO, as well as the damage that an irresponsible SEO can do to your site. Many SEOs and other agencies and consultants provide useful services for website owners, including:
- Conducting periodical review / audit of your website content or structure
- Technical advice on website development / restructuring the website, hosting, security etc
- Help Content development / management
- Structuring / Management of various online campaigns
- Conducting objective oriented Keyword research
A great time to hire an SEO expert is when you’re considering launching a new website or planning to redesign an existing website. That way, you and your SEO expert can ensure that your website is designed to be search engine-friendly from the bottom up. However, a good SEO can also help improve performance of an existing website.